16 April 2018 (Monday) - Fish Poo

I always feel that setting an alarm is a waste of effort; despite a good night’s sleep I was still wide awake half an hour before it was due to go off. I lay dozing for a bit, then got up before the alarm would wake everyone.
Unlike yesterday I activated my abdo workout routine. I don’t know how people “do exercises” regularly; it is *so* boring. Perhaps if I had the radio on or something I might find it less tedious?
Over brekkie I watched another episode of “Lee and Dean”; I didn’t realise it featured the actor who played “Henry” in “You Rang M’Lord”. He’s looking older now, but I suppose he would; You Rang M’Lord is now nearly thirty years old.

I then sparked up my lap-top. Pretty much nothing of note had happened overnight on Facebook, so I had a look at my emails. There was one from Netflix who told me they’d just added a film I might like called “Beyond Skyline”: “In the wake of an extraterrestrial invasion, a suspended L.A. cop teams up with…”. I stopped reading at that point and pressed the “delete” button. What is it with police shows on the telly? *So many* TV shows are police shows with a difference – the difference being that they are exactly the same as all the other police shows.

As I drove to work the pundits were again talking of Friday’s bombing of Syria by British, French and American forces. There is a growing feeling that the British Parliament should have been consulted before the Prime Minister acted unilaterally. Perhaps the British Parliament *should* have been consulted… but where were they last week? On holiday again"er indoors TM"! Have you seen how much Parliament is closed?

Despite a rather horrific crash on the motorway I made good time to Maidstone. I stopped off at Aldi for boot polish and spam. Aldi don’t sell boot polish and spam so I made do with deodorant and jam instead.
There was a near punch-up at the till when I went to pay. Some idiot had brought something to show the manager (I have no idea what it was). He stood at the till and announced no one would be served until his problem had been resolved. A fellow shopper told the chap in no uncertain terms that the nice lady on the till had called the manager and she would now deal with the customers unless he wanted to make something of it. The nice lady on the till dealt with the customers (in something of a state of terror) whilst the idiot waiting for the manager grumbled to himself about how decent people should wait for his issues to be resolved.
Much as I like Aldi, it does attract the lower orders.

Work was going rather well today until "er indoors TM" sent a message. The fish pond’s filter had blocked up and the pond had lost quite a bit of water. Again. It does this every couple of months; the filter backs up with fish poo and then water gushes out of the top of it and the pond gradually empties. The obvious fix is to clean the thing out regularly before it bungs up. I *thought* I was good for a few weeks yet.
I managed to get out of work a little early so’s I could sort it. I set the hose filling the pond, then spent an hour up to my elbows in Koi dung.
Koi are like dogs. They all look so sweet and pretty and such a good idea until they either roll in a dead fox, or their poo filter needs scrubbing. Everyone sees the fun bits; few people see the crappy (literally!) bits.

After a rather good bit of dinner "er indoors TM" went bowling and I watched more “Lost in Space”. It is rather good, but the episodes are a tad long. I had to pause the thing half-way through as Fudge was sick. I wonder what’s up with that pup.

I also wonder if that pond is full yet…

No comments:

Post a Comment