9 April 2018 (Monday) - Valerian and...

I was sleeping like a log until the puppy had nightmares at four o’clock. Her whimpering woke me, and I then lay awake for an hour or so.
I got up at half past five and had a go at my abdo workout app. It seems to be working; things are tensing up. And then I got on the scales for the weekly weigh-in.
Oh dear.
I had a weigh-in yesterday. Since yesterday I’ve put on four pounds. Four pounds! This is the trouble with weight loss; it ups and downs a *lot*. Still, the general trend seems to be in a downward direction so here’s hoping.

Over brekkie I watched more of “The Mighty Boosh” then had a quick look at the Internet. There wasn’t much happening on Facebook for once, and with no emails not destined for the bin I got dressed and set off to work.

As I drove to work so my piss boiled. Regular readers of this drivel may possibly recall my ranting of eight years ago. Following the General Election of 2010 in which no party had a clear majority, the Liberal Democrats (led by Nick Clegg) abandoned all promises and policies to get a taste of power in a coalition government.
Today with Labour going the way of militant tendency and the Con-servatives going more and more the other way, there are calls for a new political party to be formed. The idea being that this one might not be a total disaster.
There was an interview with the ex-leader of the dribbling dempocrap party Sir Nick Clegg on the radio today (Sir… and people wonder why I’m not sure about the honours system!) in which “sir” Nick was talking about abandoning the sinking ship which is the dribbling democraps and throwing his lot in with this new party.
If nothing else you have to admire the blatant opportunism of the fellow.

The road to work were busy this morning; coming home they were clear. Some evening it takes twenty minutes or more to drive from the hospital to the motorway; this evening it was less than five minutes.
"er indoors TM" had beaten me home; together we walked the dogs round the block; a day’s rain would have made our usual route to the park rather squelchy.

After a rather high-calorie bit of dinner "er indoors TM" went bowling. I sparked up Netflix and watched “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” which was actually rather better than it might sound. I stayed awake through the entire film…

No comments:

Post a Comment