20 March 2018 (Tuesday) - Between the Night Shifts

I had another "night shift from hell" last night. I'm used to having the odd difficult night shift, but so far all the night shifts I've done recently have been problematical. Having got used to doing night work over the last few years I'd rather come to like the freedom of doing my own thing in my own way all night long.
I don't like it any more.

Having been asked to do the early shift I was an hour later getting out of work than I would have been, and so missed the morning news and current affairs on the radio. As I drove home there was a program about the psychology of how various empires and civilizations interacted with each other in the past.
It was nowhere near as dull as it sounded.

I got home and despite trying to be quiet, I woke sleeping dogs. Fudge got very shouty, so we went for a little walk. As it had been raining heavily we didn’t go on our usual route. Instead we did a “round the block” up to the station and back along the river, where the dog poo bin was overflowing. That poo bin is often overflowing. I’ve been given an email address for the people who sort it out; I’ve given up emailing them as they never reply.
Despite having gone round the roads, Fudge still came home with a grubby tummy. I gave him a wash, and I went off to bed for the day. After five minutes asleep the dogs went ballistic at shadows. After an hour asleep "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" phoned fussing about borrowing a net. Four hours later nice-next-door’s burglar alarm went off again and I got up.
I don’t know why they bother having a burglar alarm. It goes off so often that no one takes any notice of the thing.

An episode of “Star Trek”, an episode of “Upstairs Downstairs”, a rather good bit of dinner and I’m off to work again.
Let’s hope for a better night tonight…

The day between night shifts is always a dull one…

No comments:

Post a Comment