23 January 2018 (Tuesday) - Stuff

I was sleeping like a log when Treacle stomped on my knackers at 1am. I wish that puppy would settle at night; she spends the evening fast asleep.
Perhaps that's the problem?
I didn't get back to sleep after that.
Over brekkie I watched "The Good Place" despite the Netflix app crashing. I hope it isn't going to make a habit of that.

I set off to work rather earlier than usual; I'd done all my morning stuff so I thought I might as well get going. As I drove the pundits on the radio were crucifying the leader of UKIP. The chap was interviewed about his personal life last week, and made quite the twit of himself. Today he was wittering on about how UKIP's national executive (the committee which runs the party) gets in the way of what he wants to do. He had this theory that despite pretty much the entire party wanting rid of him, if he could get rid of the ruling national executive, then he could do whatever he wanted which would clearly be in everyone's best interests (not least of which would be his).
They then wheeled on Nigel Farrage who agreed that UKIP's ruling national executive had been a thorn in his side when he was the leader of UKIP. Nigel Farrage likened the current leader to Jeremy Corbyn who (two years ago) was nearly chucked from his position of leader of the Labour party but eventually consolidated his position by a movement of grass roots rabble-rousing. Perhaps UKIP might have the same?
It was suggested to both Nigel Farrage and the current leader of UKIP (Henry Something?) that UKIP has but one policy (namely to send them all back on the next banana boat). Both categorically denied this, but both failed to actually come up with another policy.

As I was in the area and had some time spare I thought I might hunt out the geocache at Bo-Peep corner. I went to the right location, found out the post collection times, worked out how far I had to walk, and in which direction I should walk. I found the obvious target to which I would attach a small Tupperware box, but I couldn't find it.
I went in to work and sulked a little.​

I got home to find "er indoors TM" wasn’t home yet so I took the dogs for a little walk. We met "er indoors TM" parking her car. As she had shopping to bring in we decided I would carry on walking the dogs and she would bring the shopping home.
The dogs disagreed.
They wouldn’t go on without her, and the puppy started screaming. So "er indoors TM" took the dogs. They trotted off with her without a backward glance as I took the shopping home.

"er indoors TM" came up with a rather good bit of dinner. Whilst scoffing it we watched this week’s episode of “Star Trek: Discovery” which was rather good, and last week’s episode of “The Orville” which could have been…

No comments:

Post a Comment