8 November 2017 (Wednesday) - Bit Tired

During a break in the small hours last night I had a look at Facebook via the app on my phone. I like social media because it is social. I can see what family and friends are getting up to. I can see photos of friends and family, and their children, and their cats and dogs. I can see knob jokes, and I can squabble about pretty much every subject under the sun with people I have never met and never will.
Personally I like to use it to tell the world what I'm doing because I am ostentatious like that.
However what I don't want to see is endless adverts for stuff that I don't want to buy. If I want to buy something I will look for it on Amazon or eBay, or I will go to a shop. I'm getting just a little bit peeved with people who are using every attempt to communicate with me as a thinly-veiled ruse to flog whatever scam it is they are trying to foist this week.

As I drove home the pundits on the radio were discussing a speech that the boss of the NHS was going to make today. Bearing in mind that all the pro-Brexit politicians were adamant that leaving the EU would give the country three hundred and fifty million quid a week extra for the NHS, and also bearing in mind that a lot of those politicians are now in high office in the Cabinet, he was going to ask for that money.
Whilst I admire his spirit, this figure of saving three hundred and fifty million quid a week by leaving the European Union has long been disproved. But it is time someone told these politicians to put their money where their mouth is. The pundits wheeled on a pro-Brexit politician who thought the whole thing was laughable; as he said, since when does anyone take seriously anything said by a politician?

Pausing only briefly to wave at "er indoors TM" in passing I took the dogs round the park. Fudge picked fights with two cyclists. Seeing how they both crashed I think it fair to say he was the victor. I blame the cyclists; they hurtle along at breakneck speeds and don’t give him any space. I’ve long thought his eyesight isn’t that good; the cyclists appear from nowhere and frighten him.
We also met a solitary OrangeHead who greeted Fudge by name.

Once home I changed the light bulb in the outside garden light. It still didn’t work. Hopefully it is the light fitting that needs replacing. I should be able to fix that myself.
I then went to bed. Ideally I would have stayed awake, but a night shift (or two) can be tiring. I got an hour’s sleep before I had a phone call from 07594 572100 who had details of all of my debts and wondered if he could consolidate them for me. I wondered if he would like to f… off, and I asked him. He got rather anxious when I told him that my phone records the numbers of incoming calls and that I would be reporting him.

I got a couple of hours more sleep, and got up in the late afternoon. I slobbed in front of the telly watching “Peaky Blinders” then the episode of “Upstairs Downstairs” in which “Hedward” got shell-shock.
"er indoors TM" came home and boiled up a rather good dinner. We scoffed it whilst watching the latest episode of “Star Trek: Discovery”. I quite like the show… but only “quite”. I’m not warming to any of the leading characters and (so far) they haven’t done any stories which haven’t been done better elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment