5 October 2017 (Thursday) - Bit Tired


The night shift went well; it could have been better but it could certainly have been a whole lot worse. As I drove home the pundits on the radio were holding what I could only describe as a post-mortem on the Prime Minister. She gave a speech to the Conservative party conference yesterday that didn’t go down very well. Not only did she cough through the entire lot, some prankster appeared from nowhere and handed her a P45. Listening to the discussion on the radio the vultures are circling and it can only be a matter of time until she gets the heave-ho. Who will replace her? Realistically it should be Boris Johnson. After all he got the country into the current political mess that it is in.
Interestingly his name isn’t the one being mentioned seemingly constantly by Conservative politicians though. Jeremy Corbyn is the name on all of their lips. Like him or loathe him, he’s certainly got the Tories worried.

Once home I took the dogs for a walk. As we walked up the road Fudge tried to fight with a bus, and a little later Treacle tried to (half-heartedly) pick a fight with a dog ten times her size before jumping up at me in terror. We saw two jays having a scrap, and again saw OrangeHead on her own.
It was a shame that the rain started when we were so far from home; we got rather wet.

We dried off, and with the dogs settled I went off to bed. I got five hours asleep which (for me) wasn’t bad. I’d been a bit cold yesterday as I slept during the day so I took a hot water bottle to bed. I woke to find the puppy fast asleep on top of it. I’m glad someone got some benefit from it.
Over a rather late brekkie I watched another episode of “Gotham”; at the moment I’m quite keen on Netflix. I then packed for our weekend away; did I *really* need so much just for two days?

I spent a little while struggling with a geo-puzzle. If any of my loyal readers can solve this one please give me a hint. I’ve been wrestling with it for a few months now to no avail. I *think* it is only a short walk from where we are staying at the weekend which is rather frustrating…

"er indoors TM" should be home soon; my tea don’t cook itself. And then I’m off to the night shift. Some people work whole weeks of nights; I wonder if I could…



No comments:

Post a Comment