3 October 2017 (Tuesday) - NCC 1031

I slept like a log last night and woke feeling refreshed and raring to go. I looked at the clock to see it was only half past midnight. I then saw every hour of the rest of the night and finally got up (feeling like death warmed up) at 6am.
Over brekkie I watched the most recent episode of “The Last Ship”. The first couple of seasons of this show were rather good, the third was OK… this fourth season is rather two-dimensional and rather poorly thought out. It is far more of a wartime propaganda film than entertaining viewing. I suspect it probably works better if you are American as it portrays all Americans as super-good heroes and everyone else as untrustworthy scumbag villains.
I’m rather tempted to give up with the show now I’ve got a ton of stuff I could watch on Netflilx.

I tried not to disturb "er indoors TM" as I left for work. She was having a day off work today to fix the leaking toilet. I wouldn’t have a clue what to do and she’s fixed it before.

It was cold as I set off to work this morning. The Chancellor of the Exchequer had made the news on the radio. He had been banging on about how wonderful unfettered capitalism was. I wonder how much comfort that had given to those who’ve lost their livelihood following yesterday’s collapse of Monarch airline. Similarly talking out of his arse was one of the officials of America’s National Rifle Association. With gun crime in the USA being worse than pretty much all of the rest of the world put together, the NRA were trying to claim that the mass shooting that happened yesterday was nothing to do with the ready availability of guns.

Once in the works car park I phoned the bank. Last week I sent them a formal complaint about the timing of my statements and how they didn’t honour my credit card. I came home yesterday to find they thought I was complaining about a “Verified by Visa” password.
I finally got through to someone who agreed that the letter I’d received in no way answered the complaint I’d made, and I was assured that my concerns would be dealt with. Hopefully this time by someone who speaks English.

I had a busy day at work, and came home to find the chod-bin wasn’t quite as fixed as it might have been. Mind you I wasn’t going to complain. Whilst "er indoors TM" boiled up dinner I spent a little while chatting to various people on Facebook messenger.
Dinner was rather good; as we scoffed it we watched the third episode of “Star Trek: Discovery”. On the one hand there are several links to what has gone before (Star Trek; Enterprise). On the other hand there seems to be no understanding of what hasn’t yet happened in the timeline (Star Trek: Everything Else).
Mind you it’s not a bad show… even if NCC 1031 is the ugliest starship I’ve ever seen…

No comments:

Post a Comment