22 October 2017 (Sunday) - County Geo-Meet

I slept for nearly nine hours last night. That wasn’t bad at all. I got up leaving "er indoors TM" and the dogs still snoring, and saw we’d run out of jam. Woops. So I spread the last of the honey on some toast and scoffed it whilst having a look-see at the Internet. It looked like I missed a good band do last night, but not much else had happened. So I spent a few minutes playing “Go” against the lap-top. It won every time.

We got ourselves organised, and with five minutes before we were about to leave, Fudge fell in the garden fish pond. Oh, how I laughed…
We set off to Canterbury; today was the county geo-meet and five miles down the road from the meeting place was a little series of geocaches laid out around a housing estate. A little walk away from the mud would be idea for the morning. We pulled up, and within two minutes Aleta was with us, and a minute after that saw Cliff arrive.
We had a rather good walk round the estate. Usually I’m not keen on urban caching; for me geocaching is a dog-walk. But this little wander fitted the bill ideally for this morning. An hour or so’s little stroll with friends before a meet-up was ideal.

We then drove up to Herne Bay where the ninety-seventh county cacher’s meet was taking place. Usually these are in pubs, but being in pubs means they aren’t cheap, dogs often aren’t welcome, and you are lumped in with the normal people. Today we met in a church hall. There was a bouncy castle for the kiddies, cake for the bigger kiddies. Much as I like a pint, this was one of the better meets. Everyone there was “one of us”, I chatted with old friends, I met new friends, I talked Tupperware. It was great.
The dogs were funny. As people were eating the cakes, Fudge was hovering to hoover up the crumbs; Treacle was trying her luck to get a whole cake.
And as we left we met Pam and Jane who’d been out for lunch. They’d got a doggie bag for their dog, but had several scraps of meat for my pups.

Pausing only briefly to call in to one of "er indoors TM"’s pals in Canterbury we drove down to the pet shop in Chartham. Treacle needed a new harness, and the pet shop there offered a fitting service. So often dogs have such ill-fitting harnesses. After five minutes the pestilential pup had a rather smart harness, and a new lead and collar to match. Personally I won’t use the harness. "er indoors TM" wants to walk her on a harness because the collar chokes her when she pulls. I prefer the collar for the same reason; she pulls enough even when she is choking herself. With a harness (and not choking) she will pull me over.

We then went on to visit "Daddy’s Little Angel TM". I played catch with "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM", had a cuppa, and promptly fell asleep for an hour or so.
We came home, I sparked up my laptop and somehow reset my Firefox browser back to its default settings. I wish I hadn’t done that. And with "er indoors TM" off bowling I watched more “Gotham” – there’s only three more episodes left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment