1 October 2017 (Sunday) - Early Shift

The puppy was restless last night. A combination of being unable to breathe (because of the cold) and being stamped over by a small dog meant I didn’t sleep much at all last night.
I got up at 5.30am because I simply couldn’t breathe laying down, and over toast and coffee I watched the third ever episode of “Red Dwarf” on Netflix.

I set off to work shortly after 6.30am, and as I drove the radio was playing some wildlife documentary presented by the late David Bellamy. It turned out that show was first aired in 1971. You’d think the BBC would have had something more up-to-date to present, wouldn’t you?

Having had a grim night and having to work today meant I felt I deserved a McTreat. McBreakfast is always good. I ordered my sausage and egg McMuffin meal from a spotty oik who warned me that it might take a while to prepare as he was on his own. No one else had turned up to work and everyone had phoned in sick. Or so he claimed. I counted five other people working in the place. I wonder what he was gibbering on about.
With McBrekkie scoffed I went in to work. As I walked past the Costa I noticed that one of their coffees cost more than my entire McBreakfast (which included coffee).

There’s no denying that I’d not been looking forward to working today; Sunday early shift can be *busy!*. But today’s shift was one of the quietest I’ve known. I even managed to find time for dull paperwork.

With work done I came home, and wasted ten minutes trying to find somewhere to park. Parking is getting tight round our way.
We took the dogs round the park. I didn’t realise that "er indoors TM" had already taken them out, and didn’t find out until I’d got their collars and leads on. It was a shame it started raining after five minutes, but such is life.

With dogs walked I had a cuppa, and "er indoors TM" asked me to finish off one of her uneaten Easter eggs. Easter eggs are wasted on her; I’d scoffed mine by mid-day on Easter Sunday; she’s still got hers now. She’s gone bowling…Netflix time…



No comments:

Post a Comment