15 September 2017 (Friday) - Sunstroke

Yesterday there had been talk of getting up to see the sunrise. I woke with plenty of time to do so, thought I’d have a few more minutes asleep and woke up half an hour too late.

We scoffed a rather good brekkie; so far all the brekkies have been good. And then we spent an hour or so alternately messing about in the hotel pool and sunbathing before going over to the water park to play on the slides there.
Pausing only briefly for a light lunch we went to the beach for the afternoon where I snorkled for a bit. But only a bit. I felt dreadful. After two days in the sunshine I can only imagine this was what sunstroke felt like. I went back to our apartment and slept for a couple of hours.

Perhaps I should have stayed in bed? But after yesterday’s boat trip we had been offered a complimentary boat trip to watch the sunset at sea tonight. I didn’t want to miss out, and I was feeling a bit better so I went along.
We started off with a beer in Greg’s bar on Kardemena sea front before going for our sail. I actually enjoyed the ride. The sunset was beautiful to watch. We saw our hotel from the beach, and what looked rather like Hastings’ East Hill lift too.

Once back on shore "My Boy TM" found us a place to have dinner; we wanted to eat in one of the local places at least once during the holiday.
We went to the Skala bar… what can I say? To be fair the food was good. It was excellent. But… They’d seen that he first fruit of my loins had been putting away the beer, and they had identified him as the leader of our band. They gave him the bill.
It was as well that we didn’t let him keep the bill. They’d tried to charge us for eight beers that we hadn’t had. It was clear from the expression of the chap who’d presented the bill that he’d been caught out, and it was suggested that we pay as couples and families… I was feeling under the weather; the sunstroke had returned. I just paid up but in retrospect with beers at three euros each and meals at five euros each I calculated that I should have paid sixteen euros for what "er indoors TM" and I had had. To be fair, that would have been a good price for what we had. But they actually charged me forty euros and twenty cents (but they let me off the twenty cents).

I shall slate them on TripAdvisor when I get home. In the meantime if any of my loyal readers or their friends are ever visiting Kardemena, stay well clear of the Skala bar.

There was quite a bit of enthusiasm to go to a karaoke bar. Cheryl wasn’t keen so she had an early night. I wish I had too. I went along to the bar, sat in a corner and watched proceedings whilst feeling like death warmed up…

I took a few photos today; mainly of the boat trip. All else was something of a blur…

No comments:

Post a Comment