23 March 2017 (Thursday) - Tra-la-laaa



Over brekkie I watched the fourth episode of “Mutiny” in which a gang of everyday blokes led by an ex-SAS commando were re-tracing Captain Bligh’s historic voyage. I thought I quite liked the show… but does every other word they say have to be “f…”? And having watched the ex- SAS commando in this show (and other programs) I don’t think I like him very much. He doesn’t come over an an ex-SAS commando at all. He seems more like a management consultant in a beard.

As Fudge continued to snore I had my morning look at the Internet. Yesterday evening I was supposed to be at an astro club committee meeting. I’d completely forgotten I’d been invited to a meeting of the South Ashford Community Forum. Woops. In my absence I’d been nominated to a position on that forum. Will I take it? Maybe. If it is a constructive body, then I’d be up for it. However if it is yet another squabble of opinionated and closed-minded bigots (like the other community discussions of my experience) then I shall give it a miss.
I was also amazed to see that there is to be a “Captain Underpants” movie. I can remember blogging about Captain Underpants many years ago. He was popular with the cubs. This movie has taken a while to get made.

With no emails of note I set off to work. Bearing in mind how successful yesterday’s pre-work geo-session had been I thought I’d do it again today.
Oh dear.
Some days I can find cache after cache. Other days I can’t find my own bum with both hands. I started off with a DNF (did not find), slipped on a muddy bank in pursuit of a village sign, and ended up dropping a cache over a fence and spending twenty minutes trying to get the thing back again.

As I drove up the A20 I stopped at a roundabout in Charing. You have to stop at roundabouts because if you don’t, you crash into idiots who don’t stop at roundabouts. I met one such at the roundabout in Charing this morning. Having come down Charing hill far too fast he lost control of his car as he went round the roundabout (far too fast) and having recovered then drove rather dangerously for a couple of miles trying to overtake a lorry when it was patently unsafe to do so.
If any of my loyal readers should see a car with number plate GL54 ETZ I’d recommend giving it a *lot* of space.

As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the horrific terrorist incident in London yesterday. A nut case drove a car at speeds through a crowd of pedestrians killing and maiming as he went, and then stormed the Palace or Westminster where armed police shot him.
That, in a nutshell, was what happened.
Radio Four mentioned nothing else for the hour it took me to drive to work, and for the three quarters of an hour it took me to drive home. Has nothing else happened in the world?
Not much happened in mine today…

No comments:

Post a Comment