24 November 2016 (Thursday) - Dull Day



I did my bit at work and came home. As I drove I had the radio on. Yesterday the Chancellor of the Exchequer made his autumn budget statement, and this morning he was interviewed live on the radio.
He was tackled about the cost of Brexit. Now that the decision to leave the European Union has been priced up, far from making massive savings the country is fifty-nine billion pounds worse off.
Did the politicians promising savings make mistakes, did they get their figures wrong, or did they just say shit was sugar to get their way? If I'd voted out because of the promised savings I'd be a bit miffed right now. Or is it that those who've come up with the figures are engaging in mischief-making? (as has been alleged)
Either way I'm fast coming to the conclusion that politics is too important to be left to the politicians who just treat it all as a way of scoring petty points against each other.

Once home I saw "er indoors TM" for a few seconds, then took "Furry Face TM" round the park for a walk. As we went he managed to run under the front wheel of a passing bicycle. He came out unscathed, as did the bicycle. I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. He then played nicely with several other dogs, but ten disgraced himself by making a nuisance of himself around Orangehead just as she was picking up her dog’s “deposits”.

I then sparked up my lap-top for a quick look on-line. Yesterday I finished Week Six of my dog psychology course; I had an email congratulating me on completing Week Four, and with little else of note going on I took myself off to bed for the rest of the day.

A spot of late lunch over “Upstairs Downstairs” and I’m off to another night shift… The day between the night shifts is often dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment