15 November 2016 (Tuesday) - Between the Night Shifts



After a rather busy night I was glad to get away from work this morning. I would have liked to have gone directly home, but I had a hospital appointment. A pre-med before the next surgical re-boring of my nose. I arrived and was seen by the fattest nurse I ever did see. She was probably very professional, and extremely good at her job; but all I could think of was just how huge she was. As she took my blood pressure and stuff I could see the hoard of tins of sugary pop in her office. As I stood on the scales I mentioned I’d started a diet, and she had the cheek to tell me that was a good idea.

My little dog was glad to see me when I finally got home. We went straight for a little walk around the park. For one the walk passed off without excitement, and we came home and I took myself off to bed. Just as I was about to get to bed I heard a sound outside. A van from “Bensons for Beds” pulled up and started unloading, and just a few feet away from me on the other side of the bedroom wall the nice people from “Bensons for Beds” started building the bed they’d just delivered.
They weren’t *that* noisy.

I slept until the late afternoon; over a cuppa I had a little look-see on-line.
Ten years ago today I blogged about the extinction of the Chinese River Dolphin; it turns out that it is just possible that some might have survived. here's hoping
Last night I saw nextdoor.co.uk advertised. it is basically a way of getting in touch with the neighbours. it might be worthwhile; it might not. I've signed up for it.

I’m off to another night shift now…

No comments:

Post a Comment