25 July 2016 (Monday) - Before the Night Shift

I slept better than I might have done, put some washing on, and over brekkie I had a little look-see on line. There is one chap who appears on some of the natonal geocaching Facbook groups from time to time. Either deliberately or inadvertatly, he seems to give offence at every turn. Whe he joined the Wherigo group (which I started) I was warned about him (and if he pisses about in there once more he's out). I won't say who he is, that might be mean. But I had a little smile this morning. Having seemingly spent all year alienating himself he's going to tthe national week-long meet-up next week, and was asking (on a nation-wide forum) if anyone would buddy up with him.
I hope he finds a friend. He certainly seems to need one.
I then had a look at the pond as I hung the washing out. Having got the UV lamp going yesterday and having run it for a day was hoping for rather clearer water. Perhaps it is time to resort to chemicals?

I then walked "Furry Face TM" round to meet "Daddies Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". We walked along one of our favourite footpaths (which was rather overgrown) and "Furry Face TM" chased frogs. We found a play-park but "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" was more interested in watching the nearby bulldozers.
It was a good walk, but it was a hot day. Probably too hot for little Sid; he was puffing and wheezing as we came home.

Once home I put the finishing touches to the introduction talk for Friday's asto club talk, then organised a little geo-walk for later in the week.
I then watched last night's episode of "The Last Ship" and took myself off to bed for the afternoon. Despite the heat I slept rather well. An episode of "Upstairs Downstairs" and then I'm off to the night shift...

No comments:

Post a Comment