10 July 2016 (Sunday) - Brighton Kite Festival

I slept like a log this morning. I ached a little when I got up. I think my little dog ached too; he was walking rather stiffly when he got up. I wonder if we might both have overdone it somewhat yesterday.
We both had brekkkie, then drove round to collect "Daddies Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" and we drove down to visit the campers at Brighton Kite Festival.

When we arrived we parked up and were soon chatting with people I see all too rarely. It was so good to catch up with family and old friends. But having been wondering about whether or not to camp out I think I made the right decision. We arrived in the rain, and the rain stayed pouring (on and off) all day. I seem to remember so many kite festivals stood sheltering from the rain.
Had we been camping I would have spent the entire time fretting about drying out wet canvas.
Not my problem this time...
Mind you if I could sort out some way to get electricity to my CPAP machine then I would be there next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment