22 April 2016 (Friday) - Frogs and Twin Oaks

I was *so* glad that today was a day when I was rota-ed not to be at work. What with the vagaries of my shift system I've been on "not-nights" this week. Those are shorter shifts and consequently I do more of those to make up the total hours worked.
Having worked four consecutive days has proved to be something of a strain.

Over brekkie I watched the last episode of "Plebs" that was on the SkyPlus box. To me it is not unlike "Raised by Wolves" and "Detectorists"; a wonderful show which has been toally overlooked by the masses.
I then set AVG scanning the laptop and had a little tidy-up of the coffee table; it is amazing just how much crap accumulates on there. I now have space to put down my coffee cup. The same can't be said about the rest of the house but such is (my) life...

Being on a rostered day off I had planned to for for a geo-walk today. But my usual mid-week companions were both busy and no one else had taken me up on the idea. So instead me and "Furry Face TM" met up with "Daddies Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". We went for a little stroll down through Willesborough Dykes and into Park Farm then back home through South Willesborough following a route we've walked many times in the past. We'd not walked this way for at least six months; in the meantime new playparks have been built and new houses and fences have appeared.
It rained a little, but not *that* much really. We came home past "Pets at Home" where I asked if "Furry Face TM" could stand on the scales. He's lost 0.2 kilogrammes; I saw that as a result and as a reward he got a vegetarian dog treat.

I intended to mow the lawn next, but it was a tad damp from the rain. Instead I made a start on disassembling the broken fence panels we replaced a month or so ago. For some reason I thought there was only two panels to shift; there was actually five. I got two disassembled and into the car (together with a bin of garden rubbish) and did a tip run. Once at the tip I realised I'd forgotten all the other stuff I said I'd get rid of. Woops!
From the tip I popped into town. Film pots are always useful and Boots give them away. I also had a look for cheap DVDs in the CEX shop, and I asked the mobile phone shop how long I had left on my contract. There is still a month to go before I am free of them. Can any of my loyal readers recommend a decent mobile phone network. I'm particularly interested in the mobile broadband coverage. "Everything Everywhere" has (in my unfortunate experience of the last four years) actually been "Nothing Anywhere" and I intend to change provider at the first opportunity.

Once home I had a bite to eat and watched the first half of one of the DVDs I'd bought. "Platoon" was a tad dull... I say "dull" - that is probably not the best word, but the film seemed to be somewhat lacking a plot. After a while I turned it off, set the washing machine loose on my shirts and did the monthly accounts.
I always say the accounts could be better. There's no denying the could be better, but they could certainly be a whole lot worse.
And with accounts done I thought I might iron the shirts I'd washed. However the washing machine was still busy with them. So I watched the second half of "Platoon". The second half was much like the first half - guns and blood and explosions and very little else.

"er indoors TM" came home and we went out. She had a geo-calendar day and wondered if I fancied coming out with her to locate some tupperware. I'd had my eye on a cache near Staplehurst for some time for Jasmer reasons (Jasmer is a rather tedious geo-thing). So we popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and drove out to the back of beyond. We had a rather good walk through orchards and woods filled with bluebells and past lakes befoore finally finding a rather manky plastic box. A couple of yards away we found the thing's lid. Normally I'd suggest it be archived, but (for Jasmer reasons) I replaced it with a new one.
We made our way back to the car; getting to the car just as the rain started.

I took a few photos of our walk. Once home posted them on-line as I know my mum likes seing what I get up to. Sausage and chips for tea... and I'm worn out. For all that today was a day off I started off feeling tired and I didn't stop all day...



No comments:

Post a Comment