6 February 2016 (Saturday) - Stuff

I wanted to get all the geo-admin of yesterday's walk done yesterday, and I had chosen a circuit which necessetated a *load* of geo-admin. So it was gone 1.30am before I went to bed. I slept like a log, finally being woken by "Furry Face TM" jumping on me at 9.30am.
I ached somewhat this morning. For all that we didn't actually walk *that* far yesterday compared to some of our walks, we did walk a long longer stretches between stopping for geo-reasons.
I thought my little dog woke me because he was busting for a tiddle. He didn't want to go into the garden; he just wanted a fuss. So I fussed him and took him for a walk. As we walked we met one of the astro bods and chatted for a bit. Being rather later than usual we missed all the joggers in the park, which was probably for the best. "Furry Face TM" had a nice little game with several other dogs and didn’t disgrace himself (for once)

We came home and I spent a little while doing the astro club’s accounts. There was a tad more in the petty cash than I’d rather be carrying so I bagged up five hundred quid to take to the bank.
I then had a look at the household accounts. Not bad really… but could be worse. There isn’t the margin for disaster in the account that I’d like to have, but I suppose not many people really do have that, do they?.
I don’t want much money; just enough so that I don’t have to keep counting it.
Is that so much to ask?

I again phoned the broadband people to whinge about the ongoing problem with the internet connection. The chap on the phone was very helpful; he said he would reset my profile completely and monitor the line. He’s going to phone back on Monday morning to see if the problem has been resolved.
And I booked the car’s MOT as well. Here’s hoping…

We then drove into town to take the astro club's money to the bank. The Nat West's website said the Ashford branch was open until 4pm. I got there at five past two and found the place closed.
The sign on the door said they close at 2pm on Saturdays. I was a tad miffed about that.

As we were in the area we popped into McDonalds for lunch. They now have an automated system for ordering your food (a bit like the one in Argos). I don't like it. But I like McScoff so I suffered it. We then came home agani via the CEX shop.

"Daddies Little Angel TM" had decreed that she wanted her old matress for "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM"s new bed. "er indoors TM" then spent half an hour excavating it out from all the candles under which it had been buried. And with it excavated we then delivered it to her. A nice bit of lasagna, then "er indoors TM" drove little Charlie home whilst I stayed with "Daddies Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" and fell asleep in front of the telly.

The Rear Admiral's band was playing in The Star tonight. I can't say I'm a fan of The Star. The place seems to be more of a freak show than a pub, and the ale usually leaves a lot to be desired. But I've been keen to see this new band for a while.
We got there... and... my suspicions were confirmed.

The Star defies logic. Whilst decent pubs are closing down hand over fist, this place keeps going.
It has a reputation of not cleaning their ale pumps. I don't know whether the reputation is deserved ot not but I took no chances and had a bottled ale. When I pour one a bottle of ale I have less than half a centimetre of froth. The twit behind the bar upended the bottle and gave me six inches of froth over what was then very flat beer.
The place prides itself on live music, but hid the band where they couldn't be seen.
And the clientele.... one woman was wearing some rather saucy stockings. They would have looked sexy on her grand-daughter. Someone should really have taken her to one side and explained. Also we've been watching "Benidorm" lately - this evening we saw a dead ringer for the aging transvestitie.

I was therefore expecting the worst when the band started. But despite the enormous drag facor of the venue the band was good. Unlike many bands they weren't deafening and the singer sang rather than shouted.
It was just a shame I only knew about a third of the songs...


No comments:

Post a Comment