17 October 2015 (Saturday) - Hastings Bonfire Parade

I woke at 3am and lay awake, bursting for a tiddle, for half an hour. I finally got up, did my thing and went back to bed where I lay wide awake. After an hour I got up and head an early brekkie whilst watching South Park on the telly. The idea was that after a llittle fiddling about I might be tired and want to go back to sleep. It was an idea that didn't seem to work.
I eventually took myself back to my pit just after 5am, and I surprised myself by nodding off.

I emerged from the land of nod a few minutes before 9am, and was surprised to see "Furry Face TM" was still asleep. I waved his collar and lead and him, and he heaved himself up. We went for out usual walk round the park; I'd forgotten that being a Saturday the joggers would be out in force. We got to the park and found it was skin tight lycra and bouncing boobies as far as the eye can see. It was a good job I'm a paragon of virtue and not some sad old pervie.
Mind you, as always, there must have been over a hundred people jogging and not a single one looked to be enjoying it. Every single one looked to be in serious pain.

We came home where my dog got his brekkie, and as he scoffed I popped down to Tesco for some bits and bobs. At the checkout was a rather burly-loking thug bellowing into his mobile that he didn't want to do that because he didn't want to get stabbed again. I was intrigued as to what it was that he didn't want to do, but I thought better of actually asking him.

Once home I had a quick look-see on-line. A few days ago our old friend science found some aliens. This isn't the first time that science has found aliens, and usually having found them, science then publishes a retraction. But so far there has been no retraction. Perhaps there really is an enormous starbase in orbit around KIC 8462852 some one thousand five hundred light-years away. Perhaps there isn't. But is is quite possible that this will be the only way we'll ever have any dealings with aliens; just seeing something inexplicable in the *far* distance.
I also fiddled a little with my wherigo-in-progress, and then spent a little while playing with geo-puzzles. Some I solved, and some I didn't.

Jimbo and Steve arrived, and we sset off for Hastinigs. We stopped on the way for geo-purposes but soon enough we were in the Old Town. A few beers were sunk in the FILO (stranger thinngs have happened), and soon the family arrived. We cheered the bonfire parade, and then we wandered down to the sea front where we watched the fireworks.
It was an excellent display, but on reflection it was clear that a lot less money had been spent on fireworks this year compared to previous years.
I took a few photos whilst we were there, and slept most of the way home. I shall have a headache iin the morning..


No comments:

Post a Comment