16 September 2015 (Wednesday) - A Day in Bed

This morning I woke with feet as cold as ice but with my head sweating. How does that work? Over brekkie I had a look-see on line. I found a couple of things which piqued my interest. In a month or so there will be a sing-along Rocky Horror event in Margate. With tickets only (!) fifteen quid each I'm rather tempted to go along. I wonder if I can find anyone daft enough to come along with me.
I also found out some shocking news about an ex-Star Trek actress. "Kes" (in Star Trek: Voyager") was a sweet naive cute little petal. Apparently the actress who played the role has recently been charged with indecent exposure having flashed at children; earlier this year she was charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.
Makes you think, doesn't it?

With heavy rain forecast for the late morning me and "Furry Face TM" set off promptly for our walk. We took the back streets to Singleton Lake where (for the first time ever) there was no one fishing there. The idea of walking before the rain was that we wouldn't get wet. My dog didn't hold with this theoory and he chased after the ducks until he was chest-deep in the lake.
I then restrained him from getting in the way of cyclists. I wasn't really paying attention; I should have realised who was on the bike earlier. We then walked round to Viccie Park where we met all the familiar faces. Today OrangeHead had taken it back to basics with only her Chunky Little Friend in tow; none of her posse was to be seen. Fudge had a ding-dong with Chunky Little Friend's dog, tried to have his way with a passing Scottie, and (for no apparent reason) seemed to run in terror from a rather thin labrador.

Once home "Furry Face TM" had his breakfast and I spent an hour programming a virtual little old lady to kick a gallant kight in the goolies before taking myself off to bed for tthe afternoon. I dozed fitfully; I gave up trying to sleep shortly after 3.30pm.

I'm off to work for the night shift now. Via Folkestone. I've been promised cannelloni for tea.
I wonder what that is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment