13 August 2015 (Thursday) - Torrential Rain

I slept like a log and woke totally refreshed only to see it was 12.15am. I'd been asleep for just over an hour. After that I slept well, but the night was filled with vivid dreams in which I was randomly being hunted by all manner of minorities for having created the worlds most politically incorrect joke.
I'm actually working on creating the worlds most politically incorrect joke as a protest about Twitter (it's a long story) but I've stll got a little way to go. If any of my loyal readers can think of any obscure minorities that I might have overlooked, please don't hesitate to let me know...
I got up shortly after 5.30am and came downstairs. I opened the curtains to see the people in the house over the road were decorating their living room. Windows wide open, no curtains, all the lights on and it *looked* like they were doing the decorating in the nudey. I watched for a few minutes but couldn't conclusively decide one way or the other.

Over brekkie I watched this week's installment of "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" in which Billie Piper's stunt double was definately nudey. I then thought I'd have a little look at the Internet. There was a minor delay as my FireFox browser updated itself to be able to cope with Windows 10. I would have thought it would have realised this change happened a week ago but perhaps (like me) this sort of this just passes it by.
Seeing not a lot had happened overnight I set off to work.

I got to work; not a lot was going on, so I took the afternoon off and came home through some of the worst weather I have ever seen. The A28 was more like a river than a road.
"Daddies Little Angel TM" and littlun were visiting; we had lunch and seeing how the rain had seemed to have abated we had a plan to take the dogs for a walk. As we walked out the door so the rain started. After twenty yards we were soaked to the skin so came home again. We chucked wet clothes into the tumble-drier and watched "Toddlers and Tiaras" until the rain stopped properly. We then had our walk.

It wasn't that long ago that I regularly walked round the park with "Daddies Little Angel TM"; today was the first time for ages. Certainly the first time with littlun along. We had a good walk; we met Ralph the pug. I've met Ralph before; "Daddies Little Angel TM" hadn't and she was in raptures about the little black pug.
As we walked it was clear that "Furry Face TM" had been missing Sid; and he expressed his affection in the way that only an over-amourous Tripe-Hound (that was never confused) could. I wish he wouldn't do that.

I offered to take "Daddies Little Angel TM" home and we took a scenic route back to Folkestone; firstly via McDonalds for McFlurries. As we drove we were nearly (but not quite) driven off of the road by a van belonging to "Supercups Vending". As I have remarked before, if you are going to drive with absolutely no regard for anyone else around you, it is best not to do so in the works van.
Suitably McFlurried we then queued in Argos for the new baby-car-seat. We were not happy that we were order #220 but orders up to #224 were served before us. As I explained to the chap behind the counter this would never have happpened under a Labour government, and I assured him that I was going to write a letter of complaint to the Minister for Argos.
The poor chap behind the counter smiled sweetly. He seemed frightened.

I hope this rains stops soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment