3 July 2015 (Friday) - McBrekkie

I would have slept a lot better last night had I remembered to turn off my alarm. I had no reason to be woken at 6.30am this morning. But I was.
I tried to doze off again, but to no avail.

I got up and checked out social media over brekkie. Not a lot had happened really, which was probably for the best.
I then took "Furry Face TM" for his morning's constitutional round the park. As we met we saw a dog with a yellow collar. I wondered it was a fashion statement or if this really was a "yellow dog" requiring some space. We soon found that the dog was indeed a vicious animal that tried to savage me and it took the owner's full force to get said ravening creature under any semblance of control. I think that *was* a proper yellow dog. If only more people were aware of the whole "yellow dog" scheme...
We then saw two newcomers to the South Ashford dog-walking scene; a vicar with a "powder puff on a lead" and a rather foxy lady with what I can only describe as a Transylvanian Death-Hound. It played with my dog nicely enough but tried to murder every other dog it saw. The foxy lady said she liked my little pup as it was rare to find a dog with which her Transylvanian Death-Hound would play nicely. I smiled sweetly, and wondered if I should broach the topic of a yellow collar and lead.

Two days ago a new geocache had gone live in Canterbury. This one involved a little puzzle solving to find it; I did the puzzle solving last night (with the aid of Google Street View) and set off to work a little earlier than I needed in the hope of getting a First to Find. My puzzle-solving skills amazed me; I soon had the geocache in hand and I was indeed the first one to find it. In celebration I drove round to McDonalds for a spot of McBrekkie. Personally I quite like McBrekkie. There are those who might feel a second brekkie is being greedy. I woul say those people are just jealous they didn't get a First to Find on a Church Micro.

As I drove aruound Canterbury I listed to the radio. "Desert Island Discs" was on. Harry Rabinowitz was on the show. Apparently he is (was) big in the music and film industries, and when he was married, Sid James (of "Carry On" fame) was his best man. I can't say I'd ever heard of the chap, and there's no denying that I doubt he'd like my choice of music either.

I got some petrol, then went in to work. I did what I had to, and then came home again. As I drove I listened to the radio. "Any Questions" was being broadcast. Once it was an entertaining show; these days it's more about pompous windbags talking rubbish. Which is a shame for a national radio station...

No comments:

Post a Comment