26 January 2015 (Monday) - Still Rather Dull

I've heard good things said about the TV show "Mr Selfridge" so last night we watched the show. I don't think I'll be watching any more. It just didn't hold my attention. As the TV drivelled on my phone rang; it was work. Would I do the early shift tomorrow? I agreed; I'd rather have an early or a late start. Mind you I'd rather do the longer night and weekend shifts if possible because there are less of those and I get more whole days off. What with the vagaries of my shift system I've now got to work for the next four days. Four consecutive days(!)
I was just about to go to kip when the door crashed open. "My Boy TM" and his new beard were visiting after a heavy day's drinking. He talked rubbish for a few minutes then staggered off into the distance.

Unusually for me I took a while to get to sleep. And then I had a rather restless night. I think I saw every hour on the clock. I blame our new mattress. This "memory-foam" doesn't mould itself to the shape of your body at all. It just has a crater where I sleep, and I can't get comfortable because I'm just rolling into that crater all the time. I suppose this is the disadvantage of buying a hooky mattress from a dodgy bloke I met by chance in the street.
I got up a little while before the alarm was about to go off, and had all of my toast as "Furry Face TM" was still asleep. And so to work. As I drove I listened to the news. An election in Greece has seen a victory for the "Stick It Up Your Bum, Europe Party". They've come to power by promising an end to austerity. So either they really will tell the EU to "stick it up their bum" and the Greek economy will collapse, or they will (like every other politician) moderate their promises in the light of reality. Either way it's not going to be good for Greece. And consequently the rest of Europe.
he Prime Minister had a phone call. Some chap, in a moment of drunken bravado, phoned Downing Street and after a little to-ing and fro-ing got put through to the Prime Minister. Personally I can't see what the fuss is about, but the pundits were all a-twitter on the matter.
And after nine years of travelling, the New Horizons probe in about to start taking photographs of the planet Pluto.

I got to work; I've got used to lone working at night over the last few weeks. It was odd to have the place filled with people. I did my bit; at lunch I went out to the car park and did sax practice. My Mexican Hat isn't too shabby at all.

An early start made for an early finish. I came home, turned on my PC, got shirty on social media and defriended someone. Defriending on Facebook is a serious thing to do (!) but I'm afraid sometimes I take offence. Because I'm a scruffy noisy messy tattoed thug-looking ruffian people tend to overlook the fact I have more letters after my name than sense.
I do get miffed when someone dismisses something I say about a subject on which I have years of professional experience and extensive post-graduate qualification in favour of uninformed opinion... and then tries to tell me I know nothing
Perhaps I'm just too full of my own importance...?

I'm going to eat my penis-cake now...


No comments:

Post a Comment