6 November 2014 (Thursday) - Bleagh

I took myself off to bed at 10.30pm last night and slept without the CPAP machine for the first time in months. A reasonable night's sleep apart from a tiddle trip about 2am. I woke up shortly before 7am feeling quite chipper. I shaved, did my sinal douching and immediately felt like death warmed up. There is something seriously wrong about washing out the inside of one's head with warm salty water. It's not an experience i would wish on anyone, and I am supposed to be doing this for the next month or so.

I took "Furry Face TM" for a walk round the park. Many of the trees had lost most of their leaves. When did that happen?
We only went on one of our smaller walks; and I ended up cutting that short. Had I not met up with "little" Christine for a chat I would probably have phoned "er indoors TM" for a lift home; I was feeling so iffy. I came home and sat in front of the telly watching Jay and Silent Bob for an hour or so, and then after sulking through Candy Crush Soda Saga for a bit I watched a film I can remember watching with my cousin some forty years ago. In 1976 "Aces High" was a rather good film; today I found it rather disappointing.

The postman came, I then had a rather nasty row on the telephone, and after a little more dozing in front of rubbish on the telly I looked at putting another Wherigo Geocache together. I started off with a tour guide of South Ashford, but am now thinking about "lost pubs". In any event I doubt many people will actually *do* what I am putting together, but for a personal project whilst I'm under the weather it's not a bad thing for me to be getting on with. I just need to come up with seven pubs in the Ashford area that have closed down over the last few years; all within a relatively sort walk of each other. I have some ideas...

Feeling somewhat better I then did my early evening sinal douching and.... what can I say? On the one hand I sloshed quite a lot of gunge, muck, surgical scabs and blood clots out from my conk. (Yuk!) On the other hand it left me feeling washed out (literally and figuratively) for a couple of hours. So much so that there is no way I could have gone for saxophone practice.
Talking of which did you know that today would have been the two hundredth birthday of Adoph Sax; creator of the saxophone (had he lived long enough)...

No comments:

Post a Comment