19 November 2014 (Wednesday) - Dull


With an alarm set for the first time in two weeks I found myself wide awake at 4.30am. I'd forgotten how frustrating that can be. I lay awake until shortly after 5.30am, then got up. My little dog was still snoring on the sofa, and didn't stir at all. After a shave I stood on the scales; I thought I'd put on weight over this two weeks of sick leave; I had. I'm now over sixteen stones in weight. Diet time (!)
Over brekkie I watched an episode of "Family Guy", then watched a few minutes of an interview with Terry Gilliam. The blurb about the show looked interesting; the show itself was just pretentious.

Off to work; I've not listened to the news for a fortnight. The specific details of the news might have changed; the general pattern hasn't. People still fight in the Middle East because that's what they've done for so long they don't know any different. And the press attacked the National Health Service because that's what they've done for so long they don't know any different either.

I got to work, did my bit. I had my lunchtime saxophone practice; I seem to acheive far more with a saxophone at the far end of the car park than I ever do at home, I can only assume it's because I'm not constantly telling a certain dog to shut his howling.

Once home this evening I took that little dog round the block. It would have been good to have gone further, but by the time I get home it is completely dark. I'm not going to let "Furry Face TM" off the lead after dark; he gets distracted easily anough as it is when I can see where he is.
We then had a rather good bit of scoff for tea, a half-way decent bottle of plonk, and got about five per cent of the space on the Sky-Plus box cleared/ We now have nearly twenty per cent of the storage space on that thing cleared.

And in closing did you know that today was World Toilet Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment