6 August 2014 (Wednesday) - This n That

Over brekkie I watched Steve Coogan in "Saxondale"; it's a new series to me; I quite like it. After that I caught the end of an episode of "Smallville". It looked quite interesting. It's a series I've meant to watch, but this one was episode seventeen of season nine, so it's hardly surprising I had no idea what was going on.

Yesterday was a lovely morning; this morning was grey, overcast and raining. As I drove to work I listened to the radio. The news was full of doom and gloom. The war in the Middle East drags on; a truce has been called, but for how long will it last?
The big televised debate about Scottish independence apparently descended into something of a squabble with neither side being particularly outstanding in its presentation. Mind you the take-home message from the televised debate has to be that you couldn't follow it on-line; apparently the Scottish IT servers weren't up to the demand.Prophetic, perhaps?
Leading medics are suggesting that well people in their fifties (ahem!) should take aspirin regularly "just in case" as a preventative measure.
Personally I'd rather take as few medications as possible.

Work was rather traumatic today; we had the inspectors in. This was a bad day for one of the trainees to announce that she suffered from peladophobia - the fear of bald people. Surprisingly enough she wasn't scared of me - she hadn't realised I was bald. In fact the only slap-head in the place. She hadn't realised that.

I did my bit, an early start made for an early finish, and me and "Furry Face TM" were soon round the park. We met a new dog on the park's dog circuit; a three month old springer spaniel named Winston. Winston was being walked by a small girl (aged about eight) who apologised to me when Winston tried to hump Fudge. "He does that all the time" she told me. Without really thinking I commented that it was a boy dog thing. As quick as a flash she asked why was it that only boy dogs did that. Seeing that there was no hole to swallow me up I smiled sweetly, made some excuse, and hurried off as quickly as I could.

Once home I took the top box off of my car; it won't go through a barrier I'm going to drive through on Saturday. I've always said that the car's top box isn't so much heavy as awkward; it was heavy enough to make me wish I'd got some help to put it away. I think I might have pulled something...

No comments:

Post a Comment