2 June 2014 (Monday) - Bit Dull Really...

I had seven hours sleep last night; I was finally woken by the sound of "Furry Face TM" having a nightmare. By then it was well past 6am, so I got up and came downstairs to find "Furry Face TM" was fast asleep in his basket. I was sure I'd heard him whimpering upstairs. I wonder what that was all about.
Over brekkie I watched Warwick Davies seeing a psychic in "Life's Too Short". I do like that show. In a novel break with tradition I had my toast to myself as my little dog was still asleep. I then did my bit for today's ab challenge. Twenty sit-ups, eight crunches, eight leg lifts and twelve planks. I'm not entirely sure there's much difference between a sit-up and a crunch, but I'm having a go.

After brekkie I took "Furry Face TM" round the park for our walk. There was a very amusing five minutes when he got the scent of a squirrel and was tracking it. His nose was right down, tail straight up. He was following the squirrel’s path very closely. Had he looked up he would have seen the squirrel was only a few yards in front of him.
There was an embarrassing five minutes as well when my dog jumped on the back of a passing pug and humped like a thing possessed. I wish he wouldn’t do that.
We had a minor result when the nice man emptying the dog dung bags gave me a large wodge of dog poo bags. That will save a few pence on the monthly shopping bill.

I then did a little research to see about sorting a hike for next weekend. I think I have a plan for a walk of about ten miles. If any of my loyal readers fancy a stroll through the Kent countryside and you haven't already had a formal invite, it’s because I had no idea you’d be up for it. Drop me a line if you’d like to come along.
I then spent a few more minutes on my presentation for the astro club. It’s only four weeks away. It’s amazing how something which only takes up three hours once a month is such a large part of my life.

Off to work. As I drove the radio was broadcasting an interview with Winston Churchill's last surviving child who died over the weekend aged ninety-something. Obviously recorded a while ago, she was relating anecdotes about her personal experiences of Lawrence of Arabia and Stalin. Far more interesting than the usual rubbish broadcast on my way to work.
On my way to work I stopped off at Morrisons where my piss boiled. I wanted a USB memory stick and had to wait ten minutes for all the staff to stop gossiping about babies before anyone would serve me. When someone finally did they were rather embarrassed to admit that thyey did have USB memory sticks for sale, but they shouldn't have. They could sell me one *if* I kept quiet about it.
What a way to run a business...

No comments:

Post a Comment