21 April 2014 (Monday) - Cuxton

Being wide awake at 3am I wondered if I did something then I might then get back to sleep agan afterwards. So I had my morning shave rather earlier than might be considered usual, and then went back to bed where I lay dozing fitfully until 6am. I then got up and deleted a whole load of stuff that I am never going to watch from the SkyPlus box.
By the time "er indoors TM" got up (which was probably rather early for most people on a Bank Holiday) I was bored senseless.

After a minor contretemps with a GPS unit we were on our way to Cuxton for a day's hunting sandwich boxes. As we found the first cache we got a message; friends had already done the first part of our walk, but would meet us for the second part. And they did. And six of us (with two small dogs) walked around somewhere I'd never been for a walk before. There were some wonderful views to be had across and around the Medway valley. I got to collect six more letterbox stamps (it's a geocaching thing), "er indoors TM" got to go up a tree. I got to go into a tunnel; I wasn't expecting to go tunnel-ratting today, but I wasn't going to turn down the chance when it arose.
And (having been given just the teensiest of hints) we even picked up a puzzle cache which has been bothering me for a little while.
As always I took a few photos whilst we were out

And so home where the less agreeable of our neighbours was practicing piano. I practiced my sax for half an hour in protest, but to no avail. She continued clanging her piano for a good two hours.
I must admit to some amazement about her piano-ing. A month or so ago my sax playing was just a dreadful noise. I've still got a long way to go, but (even if I do say so myself) I think there has been a marked improvement in my sax-ing over that month. Next door's piano-ing isn't as bad as my sax-ing, but in the years she's been clanging that piano (and they've had it some years) she only plays the same few tunes, and has shown absolutely no improvement in them whatsoever.

Whilst next door strangled their violin I spent a little while this evening looking at puzzle geocaches in the north Kent area. Feeling flushed with success after having puzzled this afternoon I tried to puzzle out some more caches. I've found a series based on astronomy. It's a shame that I've had to put incorrect information into some of the sums to get the correct answers, but what is a puzzle cache for if not to haggle about what constitutes a correct answer. If only I could solve this one...


No comments:

Post a Comment