16 April 2014 (Wednesday) - Beards, Stuff...

After yet another terrible night's (so-called) sleep I was up and watching "Family Guy" before 6am. "Furry Face TM" was also up, but for once he showed absolutely no interest in having the crusts off of my toast; he was still chomping on the huge bone he'd been given last night.

With brekkie scoffed I put washing on the line and set off to work on what turned out to be a rather cold morning. But the boiling of my piss warmed me as I listened to the radio. The late Cyril Smith, ex-MP for Rochdale is the latest to be accused of paedophilia. Was he guilty? Some say he was; those who knew him and worked with him said he wasn't. Now that he's been safely dead for four years he has no way to defend himself.
For myself I can't help but think that any accusers should have said something whilst the chap was alive rather than waiting till four years after his death.

There was also something of a rather pointless squabble on that same radio show about the attractiveness of beards. Advocates of beards were claiming that the ladies prefer a bearded man; the clean shaven were insisting that women prefer no facial hair. Having wasted quite a lot of valuable radio air time on such a trivial matter the experts then announced that research has shown that the ladies actually prefer whatever is in the minority at the time; if there's loads of beardies about then I am in with a good chance. If there are very few beardies on the scene, then I don't have a hope.
Surely there must have been something more relevant to waste air time on.

I stopped off at the Park & Ride on my way to work. Some time ago I hid a geocache there. It gets found from time to time. Yesterday I received a curt message about the thing; the message simply read "not there". So I went along with a replacement cache (and apparatus to secure the new one in place) only to find the old one was fine and was exactly where it was supposed to be.
I wonder what that message was all about.

Once at work I did my bit; pausing only for lunchtime sax practice. The Egyptian dance still eludes me, but I have now got to grips with "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "London Bridge is Falling Down". Whilst today's practice went off without incident I did get one or two pointed stares from other people who clearly had planned to have their lunches in their cars and didn't like the noise I was making in the car park.
If anyone could suggest somewhere else I might go then I'm open to suggestions. In the meantime those who don't appreciate good music are free to drive their cars elsewhere for half an hour.
Quite a few philistines are doing so.

Home where after I'd taken "Furry Face TM" round the park I did't do any of the tings I had planned for the evening. I'm feling increasingly tired in the evenings.
If only I could sleep at night...

No comments:

Post a Comment