5 December 2013 (Thursday) - Cold, Phones...

I woke at 4.30am this morning. Not bad really. I got up, and on glancing at my phone I saw that I had a text message from an unknown number. Received at half past midnight it asked if I was awake. I was glad I'd slept through that. If it had woken me I would never have got off to sleep again.
I got up and my dog helped me eat my toast as I watched the Family Guy version of Star Wars. This is something I'd heard so much about. Regarded as a modern classic, I felt it was something of a disappointment. Mind you things which are hyped up are often a disappointment. Added to which Star Wars is lame anyway.

Off to work. It took me a little while to scrape the ice from the car this morning; it was minus four degrees as I drove off. As I drove my piss boiled as I listened to the news. the Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced that I cannot claim my old age pension until I am sixty eight. That is ages away. I just hope that the work pension will stump up on time. I can't work for another eighteen years.

Whilst at work I had a text message. It looked to be from "Daddies Little Angel TM", but closer scrutiny revealed it wasn't. It was from her phone though. She'd dropped it on the bus and another university student had found it and texted me to see if I knew whose phone it was. I drove up to the university to collect the phone, and just as I was parking my phone rang. This time it was "Daddies Little Angel TM" who had been reunited with her phone. I'd told the finder whose phone it was and he'dmanaged to trace her.
She seemed ecstatic. I was pleased she had her phone back; I just wish I hadn't had a wasted journey up to the university.

Mind you this little episode has again proved that there are good people in the world. Normally one would expect a missing phone never to come to light again. I've actually got software on my phone so that I can disable the thing remotely should it get stolen. But this phone was found and the finder made an effort to return it to its rightful owner.
There are good people in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment