22 June 2013 (Saturday) - Birthdays

5-hydroxy-tryptophan came up trumps last night. Six hours of unbroken sleep. That is unheard of. I was well pleased with that, and felt quite smug as I watched my morning's fix of BattleStar Galacticaa over toast and coffee. I wasn't quite so smug about the weather though - mid summer and torrential rain.

We drove down to Folkestone to see the birthday boy, and then went shopping. A gas barbecue from Tesco, and we ordered a new wall unit from the hospice's charity shop. It will (hopefully) be delivered on Wednesday.
Home for a spot of lunch. We bandied insults with "Daddies Little Angel TM" and the Rear Admiral, and then took "Furry Face TM" round the block. He likes that. Once home er indoors TM" prepared for the new wall unit by shifting the clutter from the old broken one whilst I did more on-line psychology. Apparently 5-hydroxy-tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, low levels of which are common in people with depression. So as well as sleeping better I might stop being such a mardy old git (!) And then I played silly on-line games until it was time to go out.

The Bat arrived, and we went to the County Hotel where everyone gathered for a belated birthday meal. Two pints of very black beer, and an "all you can eat" buffet before going to Queen Street (oo-er!) for coffee and cake. Wonderful food with wonderful friends. Mind you, the problem with an "all you can eat" buffet is that it encourages you to see just how much you can eat. I felt rather bloated as I lay down to sleep...


No comments:

Post a Comment