4 April 2013 (Thursday) - Stuff

I went to bed at 11pm last night and got a good five hours sleep. I woke at 4pm which on a work day isn't bad for me. For brekkie this morning I tried some of the amazing frooty-bix cereal at which the most recent fruit of my loin had turned up her nose. "Daddies Little Angel TM" had brought the box home, dumped it in the cupboard and announced that I could eat it. I'm still uncertain whether this was an act of kindness to her beloved father, or whether she was trying to poison the old scroat. In any event I quite liked the stuff. Whilst I was at it, I gave Furry Face a bowl of milk. He quite liked that.
We were both happy as we watched Babylon DVDs at 5.30am.

Yesterday I mentioned that I'd made a complete bog of finding a recently hidden geocache. Overnight I'd had inspiration and I left for work early to see if my brainwave was correct. It was. Within only a few seconds I'd found the thing, and signed the log. The electronic record timed it at 6.30am. As I was signing another car pulled up. Surely it could only be another cacher? Who else would be up and about in that particular area at that time of day?
I didn't recognise the bloke who got out of the car. He looked about in a rather shifty sort of way. He clearly didn't see me, and he strode off across a field. He went up to the only big tree in the area, rummaged, and he came back carrying a very large package. He put this package in his car and drove off.
I wonder what that was all about?

And so to work where I did my bit whilst we pondered how we might fortify a hospital to withstand a zombie apocalypse. Opinion was divided on the matter. Some felt that a hospital doesn't lend itself to becoming a defensible structure; others thought that a hospital would be a veritable fortress.
I couldn't make up my mind, so stayed neutral in what became a rather heated discussion.

After a rather interesting start the day turned out being rather dull...


No comments:

Post a Comment