26 December 2011 (Monday) - Boxing Day

This morning was spent in a flurry of activity: with the fruits of our loin coming for dinner we needed to get the living room tidy. Or if not tidy, at least under control. A couple of hours effort reclaimed the room, and soon after the family gathered. My grand-dogs were pleased to see each other (as only boy dogs can be), but they soon lost interest in podgering each other.
Seven of us sat down to dinner: something new - a four bird roast. I quite liked it, but I think we made far too much. But then we usually do. Dinner was washed down with my latest home brew which was quite a nice drop of stout (even if I do say so myself).

Feeling quite stuffed we then sat down for a few hands of cards, a few games of "Downfall", and some sitting in front of the telly. "Oliver Twist", "The Borrowers", "Michael McIntyre", "Ab Fab"... I dozed through the lot, periodically waking and nodding off again. I think where I went wrong was having some of the evening buffet: I was still stuffed from yesterday and still I ate far too much.

I finally gave up and went to bed about 1am.




No comments:

Post a Comment