2 November 2011 (Wednesday) - Stuff

This amazes me - it's not enough that fossil fuels cause no end of pollution and global warming. Now there's evidence that drilling them out causes earthquakes too. Surely the sooner that electric cars become de rigeur, the better.
Meanwhile no end of personal data has been obtained by "socialbots" - computers pretending to be real people, and asking for people to be their friends on Facebook. There’s a lesson to be learned there.
I know who’s on my Facebook list. But does everyone? Somehow, I doubt it.

On a more personal note, I see the government has made some concessions with regard to proposed changes to public sector pensions. A shame that they are only giving grace to those within ten years of retiring. I miss out by three years. Or that is I miss out by three years if I stay with the NHS. If I manage top organise myself another job, I suspect I shall be working until I’m nearly seventy. But they say that a change is as good as a rest. I wouldn’t say that I’d go at the first opportunity, but I’m seriously looking at what else is available at the moment.

And if you look up into the night sky it’s just possible you might see the unmanned Shenzhou 8 craft, (launched earlier this week), docked with the Tiangong-1 space lab. The Chinese have succeeded in carrying off an orbital docking.
They will be on the Moon soon – you mark my words…


No comments:

Post a Comment