12 September 2011 (Monday) - Stuff

I’m hoping my loyal readers haven’t noticed the change, but publishing yesterday’s blog was rather tricky. The nice people at Blogger have changed the blog publishing software. Whilst the new format looks a lot better; it’s different to what I’m used to. And different always takes some getting used to.

I listened to my new car radio as I drove to Canterbury this morning. I’m not sure quite what I was expecting, but I was rather disappointed that it wasn’t radically different to any other radio broadcast. Perhaps I need to fiddle with the graphic equaliser some more.
One thing that is very noticeable about my daily drive to Canterbury (specifically the drive home) is the timing of the radio’s financial news. When driving home from my normal base the radio tells me how much a Euro is worth (in pence) as I’m driving between B&Q and the traffic lights. Nowadays I get that information a couple of hundred yards past the Granville pub in Lower Hadres.
In the past I’ve obviously made the subconscious connection that being told what a Euro is worth means I am less than thirty seconds from home, because nowadays whenever I’m told what the Euro is worth I suddenly realise I’ve still got twenty minutes more driving to do.

And so home where I checked my emails. Among them was one from SEKAS (the astro club to whom I spoke on Saturday). “Thank you on behalf of SEKAS for giving us your talks on Saturday. I was impressed by your presentation of Fermi/Drake at Ashford society last year and enjoyed it even more this time, knowing what was to come. It was great to have that available as the rain prevented any observing. The ''Comets' (talk) had me on the edge of my seat, with a splendid mix of history, science, scepticism and (mainly non-) observation. Altogether a most enjoyable evening”. 
I’m feeling quite smug about that email….

No comments:

Post a Comment