26 December 2010 (Sunday) - Boxing Day


Some of the kids came home earlier than the others last night and locked up. The contingent arriving home at 4.30am found themselves locked out. I woke and thought it odd that everyone’s mobiles phones were ringing except mine, and then I heard a knocking on the door. “My Boy TMwas there with a rather sheepish expression. Why hadn’t he rung *my* phone? He didn’t want to wake me, and thought I’d be cross with him. Since when has he ever bothered about either of those?

I tried to get back to kip, but failed, and so as the household slept I watched Xmas films on the Sky Movie channel. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Star Trek are always good. Once everyone was up and about we set off to find some petrol, which is easier said than done on a Bank Holiday. And then it was off to Folkestone where we spent the day with fellow bloggers.
Trudy and Steve had put on a smashing spread, and perhaps the best ham I have ever tasted – I must get the recipe.

I blame my restless night for my dozing off during “Name That Tune”, but even if I was dozing off, I still won. What line follows “khaki coloured Bombadier”? And there’s no denying that I wasn’t as alert as I might have been during the earlier stages of Trivial Pursuit. But I think I compensated well for that with my late surge, only narrowly losing out to the girls. The rizla game was fun. And I discovered I have untapped talents at charades. My rendition of the Lone Ranger had to be seen to be believed, or so I am told.

The day went so fast. Hours sped by, and all too soon it was time to come home.
As I’m typing this, I’m feeling rather chesty. I do hope I’m not coming down with something…


1 comment:

  1. it's Hiroshima that you're nearing

    And yes, I cheated.

    ReplyDelete