3 April 2010 (Saturday) - New Doctor Who

I have felt better than when I woke up this morning. But I wasn’t as bad as “My Boy TM ”, who was staggering round the house, asking if anyone knew what time he got home last night because he couldn’t remember. So I took the opportunity to claim the moral high ground, and got away with lecturing him on the demon drink.


After wasting a bit of time in NeverWinter we set off to town where we met Martin for lunch. Martin’s been singing the praises of The Gorge for some time, and today we went there. I had the all day breakfast, and struggled to eat it all. Definitely somewhere to go back to.

And then to the Pound Shop – our solar powered garden lights have finally given up. At 99p each, they’d lasted for over a year, so I can’t really complain. And then home to mow the lawn and install the new lights. Whilst pottering about in the garden I finally rigged up a water feature that I bought last year. It works fine, and looks good with my other seven water features. I then fed the Koi – they are now really tame. Not only do they take food from my hand, but they let me stroke them too. At one point “My Boy TM ” felt he had to point out to me that they are fish, and not dogs.


We had curry for tea – left over from last night. I am reliably informed we went for a curry last night, and seeing as I didn’t eat all of mine, I brought it home in a bag for later. It’s amazing what one misses when one doesn’t pay attention. And as we scoffed we watched Doctor Who.

I must admit I’ve been getting very fed up with hearing from so many people that it’s not going to be the same without David Tennant, and how people aren’t going to watch it any more because David Tennant’s not going to be in it. Surely that is the whole point of the program – that the leading actor changes every so often. The first time the actor playing the Doctor changed that I can remember was when Jon Pertwee was replaced by Tom Baker. I wasn’t sure what I’d make of the new chap, but within minutes I was hooked. This was exactly my reaction a few years later when Peter Davidson stepped up, and so on. I’ve now seen the leading character change eight times (I’m not old enough to remember the first two changes) and it has always been a change for the better.

I think Matt Smith is brilliant. If you’ve not seen the episode yet, do watch it. You’ll love it.


4 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you matey, I thought tonights episode was stonking, If the series has started as it plans to go on it should be a fantastic season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest and admit I was determined not to like the 'new' Doc but I hold my hands up and I was wrong he is SO going to work. He may be young but he will definately make the role his own just as others before him have done. I think he will be a most excellent Dr or to nick some words I read somewhere recently 'That will do' ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what the doctor ordered after Mr Tennant a Doctor who seems to be a little unhinged as per early Tom Baker

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed it...just felt gilty at thinking he is rather cute - he's so young!! But the madness and various comments made me chuckle and I got into the story. I just hope the ew companion manages to find a linger skirt soon!!! (I'm just envious I guess!!!)

    ReplyDelete