23 December 2009 (Wednesday) - Winter Wonderland

A month or so ago, ‘er indoors TM suggested that it might be fun to go to the “Winter Wonderland” at Leeds Castle. It was fifteen quid a ticket (which was a tad steep) but it was fifteen quid I’d only otherwise spend on beer. Bearing in mind the state of my head after last night’s session involving Dark Star’s Russian Imperial Stout (10.5% ABV), perhaps I might be better advised spending less money on the black stuff (!)


Seven of us met up in the car park at Leeds Castle and took the road train up to the castle. Oh, it was so pretty, lit up in the snow with the moat frozen. We checked in, got given some mulled wine and a mince pie, and then Rumplestiltskin walked us up to the reception rooms, and entranced the children (of all ages) with his tale of woe.

And then one of the Brothers Grimm (well, a sister Grimm, actually) took over, and led us though loads of fairy tales. Hansel & Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, Beauty and the Beast. So many, I can’t remember them all. But everyone was entranced. I got to try (and failed to) wake the sleeping beauty, and in the “make your own fairy tale” I got to be the evil Sir Dave who was eaten by a vegetarian shark. It was a magical evening – I am definitely going again next year.

You can see the piccies here.


Meanwhile in lego-land, those with choppers (both manual and mechanical) are about to procure an Xmas tree for the rest of the crew. For what it’s worth, my money is on the tree…


1 comment:

  1. Looks more like a machine gun that guy is holding.
    Is he going to blast the tree out of the ground. How very festive.

    Leeds Castle trip sounds brill. I would love to go on that. Maybe one day if I am in the UK at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete